Mission and goals
NETLIPSE’s mission is to positively influence Europe's economy sustainability by improving the development, delivery and operation of Large Infrastructure Projects (LIPs) through active and effective knowledge exchange. The NETLIPSE network consists of representatives from mainly client, sponsor and project delivery organisations as well as research institutes. Their perspectives are jointly covered in the NETLIPSE goals:
- How to become better clients.
- How to realise (and organise) transport infrastructure ambitions with better value for money, with less funding available with respect to quality, soft control, risk management and stakeholder requirements.
- How to learn from successful projects (realised within their time, budget and quality constraints) and less successful projects (by analysing the encountered difficulties and implemented solutions).
NETLIPSE seeks to achieve these goals by:
- Initiating, promoting and facilitating the development and exchange of knowledge on the management of LIPs.
- Maintaining and expanding the NETLIPSE network with new sustainable delegates each year, whilst preserving the personal and informal character of the network.
- Organising two Network Meetings per year in cooperation with hosting public sector partners in different European countries.
- Sharing relevant news items, publishing research results, invitations to relevant conferences and meetings, European Union initiatives and other relevant news items on the NETLIPSE website and LinkedIn.
- Initiating and promoting cooperation with other networks at least once per year on specific relevant themes, such as the International Project Management Association (IPMA), European Cooperation in Science and Technology Megaprojects (COST), Conférence Européenne des Directeurs des Routes (CEDR) and the Nordic Road Forum (NVF).
- Facilitating cooperation between public and private organisations as well as knowledge and research institutes.
- Supporting extra (project a/o research initiatives) activities between NETLIPSE partners.
More information is available in the NETLIPSE Strategic Plan 2014-2017.